Relieve Your Dry Eyes
Dry eye is an irritating and often painful condition that affects over 100 million people worldwide. It occurs when your eye fails to properly produce tears, or when your tears are poor quality and evaporate too quickly. While permanent vision loss from dry eye is rare, if left untreated this condition can lead to ulcers, scars on your cornea, and even some impairment of your vision.
Fortunately, Del Mar Eyecare provides a variety of treatment options to relieve dry eye.
Who Is At Risk For Dry Eyes?
- Dry eye affects people of all ages and genders, but elderly individuals are more likely to suffer from the condition.
- In addition to the natural aging process, dry eye can also be triggered by medication side effects, allergies and environmental conditions.
People who suffer from dry eye often include those who:
- Wear contact lenses, especially for prolonged periods of time
- Are taking medications such as antihistamines or birth control pills
- Are over 50, especially women going through menopause
- Have specific diseases such as Sjogren's Syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis and collagen vascular disease
- Have eyelids that don't close properly due to structural abnormalities
- Live in dry climates
Is Dry Eye Treatment Right For Me?
If the irritation of dry eye is impacting your daily life, you should strongly consider treatment options. But only an eye doctor can help determine the best procedure for your individual needs.
Del Mar Eyecare can help determine if you're a good candidate for dry eye treatment.
Why Chose Del Mar Eyecare For Dry Eye Treatment?
When it comes to dry eye treatment, very few eye clinics are as comprehensive or experienced as Del Mar Eyecare. Here we utilize every technique, tool, and option available to help you achieve life-changing results.